Just a reminder that there will be no official training sessions running on Monday 26th January due to Australia Day. We will resume with morning squad sessions on Tuesday 27th January from 5.30am. Athletes following our HIM program know what they have to do from the Program Overview (remember, next week is a recovery week for you guys!).
Over the weekend we have the following available:
- Saturday 630am ride from the Bell Tower. Aim this week will be to split up into two groups based on ability, i.e. a 'fast' group and a 'fastER' group! Suggested route is this one: http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/australia/perth/725400896
- Saturday ~8am Sorrento Beach 1.25km and 5km ocean swims - see www.wa.swimming.org.au for more details
- Saturday 1-2pm Squad swim session at Claremont Pool - lots of fun, try and make it down!
- Sunday ~8am Sorrento Beach 2.5km and 10km Rotto Rehearsal swims
- Monday ~8am 2km Australia Day Swim at Scarborough or the Australia Day triathlon at Pt. Walter (www.allbarnone.com)
Also, last year, 8 of the squad took part in the Team Sprint Challenge (http://www.teamsprintcup.com/entryform.php) at Christchurch GS. This year the event is on the 15th February. It was a lot of fun. Anyone keen to participate, please email me back. Photos of last year's event can be found at: http://www.theteamcore.com/Photo%20Gallery/Team%20Sprint%20Cup%2008/index.html
Have a great weekend and "throw another shrimp on the barbie Sheila!" LOL! ;-)