Thursday, January 29, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
- Ceinwen W
- Justin M
- Emmy P
- Paul D
- John E
- Paul N
- Amanda N
- Sally S
- Andrew H
- Wayne S
- James A
Friday, January 23, 2009
In order to help really smooth-out the running of our squad sessions
you'll be interested to know that we have invested in a digital
poolside clock as beautifully modelled here by Adam!
Each session the clock will be synchronized with the main analogue
clocks at Claremont Pool but will be located near the 5m flags on the
side of lane 8 so will be much easier to see.
For those of you fairly new to structured squad swimming, this will
allow you to carefully set yourselves off exactly 5 or 10 seconds
apart (as advised by the coach) to ensure you don't all bunch up in
the lanes, which often causes frustration for everyone. Normally we
will help set you off for the first repetition, but we are hoping that
with the new clock in place you'll get more accustomed to managing
this yourselves which will free up additional time for us to get your
splits, help you with your stroke technique or maybe just take a break
and go for a coffee! Joke!
Interestingly enough, in a lane swimming ~1:40 per 100m, it would (in
theory) be able to have at least 18 swimmers working smoothly together
if this way! Don't panic though, we're not going to go that way,
however it does highlight how it's possible to work this efficiently
with a good setting off procedure.
We hope that you will start to make good use of this new tool!
Have a great weekend!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
- Saturday 630am ride from the Bell Tower. Aim this week will be to split up into two groups based on ability, i.e. a 'fast' group and a 'fastER' group! Suggested route is this one: http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/australia/perth/725400896
- Saturday ~8am Sorrento Beach 1.25km and 5km ocean swims - see www.wa.swimming.org.au for more details
- Saturday 1-2pm Squad swim session at Claremont Pool - lots of fun, try and make it down!
- Sunday ~8am Sorrento Beach 2.5km and 10km Rotto Rehearsal swims
- Monday ~8am 2km Australia Day Swim at Scarborough or the Australia Day triathlon at Pt. Walter (www.allbarnone.com)
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
It is with much pleasure that I inform you that Claremont pool have
given us the go ahead to use 3 lanes in the 50m pool every Tuesday
evening from 7-8pm as of the 27th January.
We need a minimum of 15 people to make this session viable and first
refusal will go to those who have registered for the Half Ironman
The session will be ideal (but not exclusive) to those doing our Half
Ironman program and allow these athletes the chance to rest up early
on Tuesday morning after a hard days training on Monday. It will not
impact on your Wednesday morning ride but our recommendation is that
you aim to have a big lunch on Tuesdays followed by a lighter evening
meal BEFORE you come swimming so you can get home to bed asap.
There will be no showering facilities immediately after the swim so
please be prepared with a big fluffy towel and some warm clothing!
On the two occassions when we have scheduled a nutrition and bike
maintenance course at 6pm in the Sweat Shack on the Tuesdays in
February, we will rescedule and run these at 6pm down at the pool
immediately before the swim.
Please let us know asap if you wish to attend and which early morning
session (if any) you will swap your place from.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
- Saturday 630am - the HIM group will leave for a steady 2h30 ride from the Bell Tower. Please do your 10-15 mins easy run off the bike once you get home.
- Saturday 745am - the Rottnest Swim Group will meet at Trigg Tower (again) for a ~8km swim. Please bring your paddler if you have one.
- Saturday 100pm - squad swim session at Claremont Pool - heaps of fun as usual!
- Sunday 800am - Swim Thru Perth 4km swim or the Waikiki Enduro Triathlon event in Rockingham. If you plan to do either, please let us know how you got on!
Monday, January 12, 2009
- Monday evening's cycle session will now commence at 6.15pm from the carpark at the bottom of Reabold Hill. We will use this as our base for the next 16 weeks but shake things up a bit with 4 or 5 varying routes in this locale.
- Wednesday morning's cycle session will equally follow a similar plan, using the Shelley Loop on our "harder" weeks and then a Magical Mystery Ride on the recovery weeks. Please note that a charge of 1 credit will be introduced from Wednesday 14th January onwards for this session (on the "harder" weeks) owing to the structured coaching nature of the session.
- Thursday evening's run session will now commence at 6.15pm from the western-most car park on Lake Monger Drive. Again we will use a variety of loops (some measured, some not) to help break-up the monotony of McGilvray Oval and our "not-so-friendly" Groundsman!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Please be advised that due to the cancellation of the Cottesloe Swim
on Saturday we have the following sessions available this weekend:
Sat 630am 2.5hr ride into the hills and back. Meet at the Bell Tower
Sat 745am 6km swim from Trigg Beach tower for Rotto swimmers.
Sat 100pm squad swim session at Claremont Pool.
Please also make sure you check your email inbox over the weekend for
details of the Half Ironman program which starts on Monday with a run
down at UWA boatshed carpark at 600am and a cycle session at Reabold
Hill at 600pm.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
- the option to continue to use our PAYG payment card for each session you attend and have FREE access to a skeleton template of the squads overall program, indicating generically when and how you should do your sessions. This will be an excellent option for all those who have the opportunity to attend many of the weekly squad sessions and would like to simply follow the majority of the program with direct face-2-face coaching, or for those who feel confident in their own schedule and just need a little guidance here and there.
- OR the option to pay a monthly fee and receive a more structured / detailed written program tailored specifically for 3 levels of ability which will give those who cannot attend the squad on a regular basis the opportunity to do many of their sessions at a time convenient to them. This option will allow the athlete to attend up to 3 squad sessions per week as part of this monthly fee and access to direct email contact with the coach at times when they cannot attend the squad sessions, i.e. work trip etc.
- our world-famous "Boot Camp" to Rottnest Island! For details see last year's details at http://www.theteamcore.com/bootcamp.html
- access to over 15 weekly squad training sessions where you can receive premium face-2-face coaching and guidance with your technique, pacing strategies and nutrition etc from our 2 squad coaches.
- A superb, fun squad environment that caters for all levels of ability from the first-timer to the elite athlete. For more details please read http://www.theteamcore.com/corevalues.html
Friday, January 2, 2009
It is with much regret that I inform you that both the scarboro and
leighton beach openwater swims have been cancelled due to an
unprecedented number of shark sightings recently.
Accordingly a group of us will meet down at the Claremont swimming
pool on both Saturday and Sunday at 8am for 2 x 2 hr swim sessions (or
as much as you want to do). These will be purely non-coached sessions
and I cannot guarantee lane space as I'm sure a good few other rotto
swimmers will be in a similar predicament.
Saturdays 1-2pm squad session will still be running for all those who
prefer a coached session with guaranteed lane space.
Have a great weekend!