Well after a busy weekend with the Rottnest Channel Swim now over, we're right back into the swing of things this week as we prepare for week # 7 of 16 for our Busselton Half Ironman Program.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure that you get your orders in for our great looking team cycle kit as soon as you possibly can. Full details and ordering can be done at http://www.theteamcore.com/teamkit.html We need to have the orders in to the manufacturers by Tuesday this week, so please help us by sending in your requests. We will have the kit ready for collection on the 2nd April. I will be contacting the manufacturers again today to confirm sizing (as I know a few of you are wondering about this), but please go by the charts listed on this page first as a guide. If you fail to place your order we won't be receiving any further kit until June at the earliest, so please don't delay! Thanks in advance!
Please be aware of the following this week:
- Both the Time-4-Me swim session at 9.30am and the Bike Intervals at 6 / 6.15pm will both be on as usual on Monday.
- We are anticipating a small lull in numbers in our early morning squad sessions (5.30am, 6.30am and 7.30am) on a Tuesday and Friday morning for the next couple of weeks following the Rottnest Swim, however, THESE SESSIONS WILL STILL BE RUNNING. Please, please, please, if you have been a regular for these sessions but now know that you may take a couple of weeks off or re-start again in the winter, please let me know asap as we have a few people seeking to join these sessions in the interim period in preparation for the Busselton Half Ironman in particular.
- On Tuesday evening at 6pm at the Claremont Pool we shall be holding an informal discussion for all those interested and part of the Half Ironman Program on the topic of nutrition (both pre, during and after training / race day). This will be an excellent opportunity to get your nutrition plan sorted in lead up to the event. Nutrition really is the 4th discipline in this type of event - get it wrong and your race is over. Immediately afterwards we will have a squad swim session at 7pm.
- Wednesday's early morning cycle ride at 5.50am from the Bouchard Cafe will be back to normal after last week's recovery session - I'll be in attendance on my trusty Vespa!
- Wednesday's Time-4-Me session at 9.30am will (for this day only) take place down at Cottesloe Beach, meeting on the grassy area directly adjacent to the Indianna Tea Rooms and looking out at the Pylon. Another excellent opportunity to develop your confidence in the openwater and practice some ocean-specific skills. We'll be meeting at 9.15am for some stretching prior to the session.
- Thursday's run session will be as normal at Lake Monger at 6 / 6.15pm and the 4 Fresh & Fruity Friday swim sessions at 5.30am, 6.30am, 7.30am and 9.30am will all be on as usual at Claremont Pool.
- SOCIAL DO: On Friday at 6.30pm we will be holding a BBQ and drinks at my place (22 Fairfield Street, Mount Hawthorn - just down from the Paddington Ale House). This will be a celebration for all those who swam to Rottnest last weekend and their partners. Please bring your own drinks and meat for the BBQ and we'll provide condiments (salad, bread etc). Look forward to seeing you there!
- Saturday's bike ride will meet at 6.30am at the Bell Tower and will follow the revised route (different from the program and which wasn't ridden a couple of weeks ago) at http://teamcoretalk.freeforums.org/where-should-i-train-today-t29.html (substituting the meeting venue stipulated there with the Bell Tower). I will be stretching my legs this week with you guys (after 7 months off concentrating on the swim!) and we will be dividing the group up into 2 levels of ability.
- Saturday's 1pm Squad Swim Session at Claremont Pool will be back on as normal.
- Sunday sees the running of the Annual Women's Triathlon (750m / 20km / 5km) - if you plan to do this, I would suggest you ride a max of 2hrs with us on Saturday.
Cheers - looks like a good week!