Firstly, please be reminded that we shall be holding a FREE cycle-maintenance session (i.e. how to change your inner-tubes, check your brakes, keep it clean etc) for all those keen on Tuesday evening at 6pm at the Claremont Pool, immediately before our 4th squad swim of the day at 7pm! Please make the effort to attend and please let me know if you can bring a bike for me to use as an example.
Secondly, 15 of The TEAM CORE's Rotto Swim Squad was out in full effect on Saturday morning at the annual Cottesloe to Swanbourne 2.2km swim. We had some very promising results, all of which can be seen at: http://swannysurfclub.org.au/images/stories/swimthru/2009_position.pdf A summary of these results is as follows:
- WINNER = Benjamin Hewitt in 22:44
- Paul Newsome, 5th, 23:02
- Ceinwen Williams,10th (+ 2nd female), 25:02
- Wayne Morris, 26th, 26:32
- Andrew Hunt, 34th, 26:58
- Paul Downie, 72nd, 29:08
- Andrew Maslen, 92nd, 30:08
- Emmy Poulson, 100th, 30:23
- Andrew Hopkins, 120th, 31:04
- Clare Hanavan, 122nd, 31:11
- Courtenay Harris, 129th, 31:21
- Olivia Della-Martina, 144th, 31:50
- Anne-Marie D'Arcy, 174th, 32:34
- Stuart Gicquel, 184th, 32:54
- Sally Steffanoni, 298th, 37:15
- NB: Justin Mann also swam but without a timing chip so we don't know how well he went, but judging on recent performances with the boys on a weekend, it would have been pretty good!
Roll on Rotto!!!!!