As promised, I wanted to detail you with some new plans that we have made to re-ignite some of the bike and run sessions for those of you doing the Busselton Half Ironman in now just 13 weeks. I'm very much looking forward to helping those of you who were lucky enough to get one of the sought-after spots! But before I do that, here are some important training dates for your diaries - it is very important that you read these notes, especially if you swim in the 9.30am sessions or do the Monday, Friday or Saturday swim sessions.
Half Ironman Program:
I have managed to arrange things to allow me to be present at a key bike and run session per week in order to crack the whip and get you all pumped! I do sincerely hope that on some of the non-coached sessions that you'll be willing to meet at a common location and time as this really helps everyone's motivation!
Some of you have been enquiring about whether or not you can buy a bulk-pay card to attend the weekly sessions and save some cash. We have a few options here: if you would like to pay for the 13 week program (starting 1/2/10) and attend any of the sessions on the HIM Program, the cost will be $450 - this is great if you are committed to attending as many sessions as possible - payment for this can be made using the details here; alternatively, you might like to buy one of our 50 session cards which is a little more flexible in the sense that you will still be just paying for the sessions that you attend and if you haven't used all these sessions before the program ends, you can just roll them over past the event. The 50 session card costs $400 and can be purchased here. Of course, you are more than welcome to use any of your existing cards if you so choose.
Free Sessions .vs. Paid For Sessions:
- Monday evening run, 6pm, UWA Car Park
- Tuesday evening tempo run, ~6pm, on your own
- Wednesday morning ride, 5.50am, Bouchard Cafe on Mount Street, Perth*
- Saturday morning long ride, 6.30am, Bell Tower
* I will be back from the 10th February to run and guide this session from my own bike. Can't wait! All other sessions (Monday, Tuesday and Saturday) will have a common meeting spot, detailed direction from the program, but no coach. It is recommended that if you can fit in a 3rd solo or group ride per week of ~1h30 to 2hrs that you should do so at a moderate pace.
- all normal pool squad sessions
- Thursday morning, 6am, open water session at Cottesloe Beach
- the re-introduced Thursday evening run interval session at Lake Monger, meeting here each week at 6pm in the car park off Powis Street to the north-side of the lake*.
- the three structured BRICK sessions on 20/3, 10/4 & 17/4.
* we need +10 runners to make this session viable, so will see how it develops over the next few weeks, commencing Thursday 4th February.
So, without further ado, here is the updated program for your reference.
Please let me know if you have any questions or queries, otherwise, see you all out there this week!