Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cancellation of this evening's RUN Session!

Dear Athletes

It is with regret that we have chosen to cancel this evening's planned running session at McGilvray Oval due to the impending bad weather and forecast storms. 

As many of you are still on a bit of a break after the Half Ironman (and therefore low numbers would be expected), my suggestion to you would be that you do a tempo run this afternoon or later on this evening if the weather does ease up. My recommendation would be an easy 10 mins warm-up followed by a 20 to 30 mins run effort at about 75 - 80% intensity (solid, but not eyeballs out), followed by a 5 to 10 mins easy cooldown. 

It may well turn out to be fine at 6pm, but this session WILL NOT go ahead tonight. Sorry for any inconvenience.

In the event of an electrical storm tomorrow morning, Claremont Pool will also close and prevent our 5.30am, 6.30am and 9.30am sessions going ahead. However, the forecast is looking much better for tomorrow and I am 99.9% confident that we will be able to go ahead with these sessions. After all, you wouldn't want to miss getting "Fresh & Fruity" on a Friday would you! 

Myself and Adam will be down there regardless tomorrow come rain, hail or shine, so I hope that you can join us!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: