Friday, March 23, 2018

Unforeseen pool closure

Dear Swimmers

I have just been contacted by the Centre Manager at Claremont Pool to inform me of an issue with the filtration system which they are concerned may not be able to be fixed in entirety until Tuesday afternoon next week (27th March), with a hopeful re-opening of the pool on Wednesday 28th March.

I don't wish to jump the gun (knowing that they are at work right now) so at this stage, please simply be advised that our squad sessions may need to be cancelled at short notice and our 1-2-1 Video Analysis Sessions rescheduled.

I do sincerely apologise for this issue. I am coming up to almost exactly 10 years at Claremont Pool (May 2018) with the current squad structure, and despite disruptions beyond control (thunderstorms) and the redevelopment of the centre (2010), this is the very first time anything like this has occurred - which is a pretty amazing run indicating just how great a pool facility we have at Davies Road!

I will be closely monitoring this situation over the weekend and also looking at possible alternatives like an ocean / river swim session to replace the Monday / Tuesday squad sessions. To whet your appetite for that possibility, here's two videos we created just yesterday with the drone during such a swim session:


Here's some food for thought too:


I have reached out to my 1-2-1 clients for Monday and Tuesday (mostly leaving voicemails given the weekend), but please do feel free to reach me on 0431540980 with any concerns. I am hopeful we can reschedule very soon in the event of a cancellation here.

I will endeavour to keep you all posted. Thanks for your support!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: