Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sincerest apologies from Adam re. Friday morning...


Dear Swimmers

I send my sincerest apologies from over here in the UK due to the lack of coaching cover in place on Friday morning's 5.30am and 6.30am sessions. Whilst I have been informed that you experienced some horrendous weather that morning, this was not the reason for the absence of a coach on pool deck. 

Unfortunately Coach Adam and his young daughter suffered a severe bout of gastro on Thursday night / Friday morning and despite us having put a system of cover in place in the eventuality of a coach not being able to attend a session, this all came on at ~3am on Friday morning and sadly was too short notice to arrange a replacement coach at that point. Adam reportedly passed out after being violently sick, so we do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this caused any of you. I am told that the session was already up on the board from Wednesday's 9.30am session with Sandy and that those few who did brave the conditions chose to follow this. Nice work!

We do absolutely pride ourselves on the consistency and reliability of our squad sessions down at Claremont Pool and whilst this situation could not have been avoided on this occasion I do appreciate that you may have travelled some distance to be at the session and were probably at least a little miffed to not have a coach there ready and waiting to take you through your weekly "Fresh & Fruity" challenge. Rest assured this will not happen again.

If anyone does have any feedback or comments they would like to add, please feel free to contact me directly at swimsmooth@me.com and I'll do my best to address these direct.

On a brighter note, here's me this morning with dual Olympic Gold Medallist and World Record holder in the women's 800m freestyle Rebecca Adlington after we did some filming and analysis of her stroke for a charity event in aid of the Marie Curie Cancer Research Fund. All I can say is "wow!" what an amazing stroke and superb experience for me and Adam - without doubt a huge highlight of not only this trip but my whole coaching career!



...and here's Adam with another celebrity, Louis Theroux - investigative journalist and general funny man - Adam's hero:


Cheers

Paul






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: