Sorry this will reach your inbox a little later than expected!!
Just a quick one to say sincerest apologies to those of you who swam at 5.30am this morning (Friday 18th February) - apparently the Duty Manager overslept this morning (!!), hence the delay in getting you all into the pool. I do hope it didn't affect your session too much. Thanks also to the 6.30am crew who waited patiently whilst the 5.30am crew finished off their over-run session. Not ideal, but hopefully we made it all work and you enjoyed the challenging session.
So, this weekend we have:
- Saturday 7am - Cottesloe Beach swim (meet in front of the pylon) 2 to 5km loosener before next weekend's Rottnest Channel Swim
- Saturday 1pm - squad session at Claremont Pool. I'll personally be back on pool deck this week and have great little set lined up this week. Please note there will be NO Saturday session next week (26th February) owing to the Channel Swim.
- Sunday 7.30am - North Cott SLSC have a similar swim to our Saturday one going out from the SLSC buildings at 7.30am prompt.
For all of those of you keen to swim next Friday, yes, these sessions (5.30am, 6.30am and 9.30am) will all still be running with a very specific steady set for those racing on Saturday and something a little more challenging for those who are not. My advice would be to have a complete rest day on Thursday and use Friday as a chance to loosen off and get rid of any lethargy. Those who've ordered our super cool Rottnest Squad shirts will be able to pick them up on Friday morning (payment in cash of $30 per shirt is required for collection - thanks!).
Finally, the Rottnest Swim will be here and gone before we know it. I'd be very keen to hear from you if you're planning to take a bit of a break after the swim, so that I can let those people our waiting list for the squad know that they can come along, as I am expecting a bit of a drop-off post-Rotto.
Super-fast suits for sale:
Anyone keen on bagging a cheap BlueSeventy speedsuit (Rotto legal) or a BlueSeventy wetsuit (perfect for the Busselton Half Ironman) should contact Guy Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0457005443 - here's what he has available:
- WS PZ3 1 = only been used a few times .. in new condition..( Size is Womans small, weight 50-55kgs ish, but weight range is rough..) = price = $150
- WS PZ3 2 = brand new ( tag attached ), never been worn( Size is Womans small, weight 50-55kgs ish, but weight range is rough..) = Price = $200
- Helix WS = Near new again, only been worn twice ,( Size is Womans small, weight 50-55kgs ish, but weight range is rough..) = price = $300
- Apex Orca = Worn a bit , has cut arms and legs for quick exit, ( Size is XS, roughly 50-55 Kgs, but weight range is rough ) = Price $100
...you can see approximate images of them online at http://www.blueseventy.com/store/nz/home.php - the first two suits are what you see all the Solo swimmers wearing and the second two are great triathlon wetsuits - the Helix in particular is fantastic and a bargain at $300.
Cheers and have a great weekend!