Just a quick note about the next few Saturdays for our 1-2pm squad session at Claremont Pool. Numbers have started to gradually build up again for this one, which is great as I personally think this is the best weekly session for those of you engaged in open water training / racing and triathlon.
For the next few weeks we have a few alterations due to various events and water polo matches etc:
- Saturday 26th February = CANCELLED (Rottnest Channel Swim)
- Saturday 5th March = Claremont Pool with coach Adam Young
- Saturday 12th March = Claremont Pool with coach Shelley Taylor-Smith
- Saturday 19th March = CANCELLED (Water-polo tournament) - we are looking at the viability of running a two-part Saturday open water clinic at Cottesloe Beach at 6.30am for those of you doing triathlon and the Half Ironman in Busselton in particular - please reply if you'd be keen on this 1h15 practical open water skills session focused on sighting, drafting, turning and developing open water confidence and speed. The session will finish early enough to allow you to hop on your bike for a ride afterwards and be great preparation for getting used to that transition feeling between swim and bike which is very rarely practised.
- Saturday 26th March = CANCELLED (Water-polo tournament) - as per notes for last week
- Saturday 2nd April = all back to normal with coach Paul Newsome at Claremont Pool
Also, for those of you swimming with the 9.30am squad, due to various Carnival events in March / April, please note the following modifications to the next few weeks. The good news is that on the days when we're at Claremont, we should be back to lanes 6,7 and 8 again:
- Monday 28th Feb. & Wednesday 2nd March (as normal)
- Friday 4th March (outdoor 8 lane pool at Challenge Stadium with Sandy)
- Monday 7th March (no sessions - Labour Day Holiday)
- Wednesday 8th March (Claremont Pool - 25m pool - will be fun, trust me!)
- Friday 11th March (outdoor 8 lane pool at Challenge Stadium with Sandy)
- Monday 14th March (as normal)
- Wednesday 16th March (Cottesloe Beach - open water session - loads of fun!)
- Friday 18th March (Claremont Pool - 25m pool - will be fun, trust me! With Sandy)
- Monday 21st, Wednesday 23rd and Friday 25th March (all as normal, with Sandy taking Friday's session)
- Monday 28th March (Cottesloe Beach - open water session - loads of fun!)
- Wednesday 30th March (as normal)
- Friday 1st April (Claremont Pool - 25m pool - will be fun, trust me!)
- Monday 4th April and Wednesday 6th April (as normal)
- Friday 8th April (outdoor 8 lane pool at Challenge Stadium)
...I do appreciate that this constant shuffling does prove to be a bit tedious, but please look at it as a bit of variety and chance to try something a little new and exciting. Your support through your attendance will be very much appreciated!
Hope this all looks OK and you can make some of the sessions.