The dawn of a new era at Claremont Pool - the start of our Saturday Stoic Sunrise Swim is this Saturday, 7th April!
Many thanks to all those of you who've registered for this week's inaugural Saturday Stoic Sunrise Swim at the Claremont Pool! We can't wait to get coaching you!
The session will have a unique feel to the rest of the week's usual squad sessions and during this initial 8-week trial period will essentially blend elements of our five swim session types:
- Pure Technique (i.e. drills and skills)
- Technique / Endurance (i.e. pull, paddles and bands work)
- "Red Mist" Endurance (i.e. solid endurance work to really challenge you)
- CSS Development (i.e. increasing the pace to really boost your threshold)
- Open Water Skills development (i.e. swim specific fun!)
Each week we'll vary the ratio around these key areas and aim to target specific events in the long-term, i.e. half / full Ironman, Rottnest swims and the open water swim series.
In a nutshell, for those of you familiar with the squad, it won't be quite as hard as a Wednesday "Red Mist" session, but will contain a lot more variety, including some fun races and challenges in the latter 10-15 minutes.
A warm welcome from the Swim Smooth Perth Squad to those of you who are new to the squad with the inclusion of this new session!
Here are some important points if you will be joining us this Saturday:
- the session will commence at 5.30am and run until 7am each Saturday, starting Saturday 7th April and running for 8 weeks as a trial period until Saturday 26th May
- if interest is deemed viable by the pool, we hope to be able to continue to offer the session going forth, possibly with an extension to 2 hours (originally speculated as 5am to 7am)
- we will be using lanes 1 to 4 from the shallow end of the 50m pool at Claremont for these sessions (this is the other side of the pool closest to reception for your reference)
- the session for the first 2 weeks filled completely within less than 36 hours of announcing it - whoop!
- we are now taking a wait list for these sessions, so there is still the chance to get in, but you need to ensure you are registered to the wait list via the app
- if you have a spot but cannot attend, please cancel up to 5.30pm on the Friday evening before to release your spot to someone on the wait list and avoid being charged for your place
- you will need a valid credits in your account to attend - to top-up, please use the "Buy Services" option in the app or use this link
- if you complete 4 or more of the 8 sessions on offer in this trial period, you will be offered one of the inaugural permanent spots in this squad going forwards (like gold dust!) so please ensure you are registered for the tail-end of the trial period also to avoid missing out!
- if you are brand new to the squad, please email back with your CSS pace (average pace per 100m for a 1500m swim or details at http://www.swimsmooth.com/training.html) so we can better allocate your lanes
- you will need to bring: 1) fins; 2) pull buoy; 3) paddles; 4) a sense of humour and that famous digger spirit!
See you on Saturday!
You can be assured of a well tailored, individual approach to your swimming with any of our squad sessions, delivered in a fun and supportive environment!