Please read - important scheduling information contained herein!
Firstly let me congratulate and wish luck to all of those who will be making the 19.7km splash across to Thomson's Bay this Saturday! I will of course be in attendance hopping between the media boat (due to my commentary and social media commitments for Karma Resorts) and last year's 2nd place finisher, Brad Smith (whom I advise). It looks set to be a great day!
As ever, here are a couple of quick final preparation tips for you:
- Tips to manage shoulder pain this weekend: http://swimsmoothperth.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/tips-to-manage-shoulder-fatigue-pain.html
- My Top-10 race video tips for the day: https://karmagroup.com/blog/ensuring-your-karma-resorts-rottnest-channel-swim-is-a-smooth-one/
Schedule changes / additions:
Please be aware of the following additions / changes to next week's training schedule:
- All sessions tomorrow, Friday 24th February, will run as normal with a special shortened set for those of you racing on Saturday
- On Friday 24th February at 8am, I will take the opportunity from a late cancelled 1-2-1 to pop down to Cottesloe Beach (meeting on the grassy area adjacent to the northside of Indianna Tea Rooms) to offer some words of advice, visualisation and a final dip in the Indian Ocean if you are around…might even get chance for a quick coffee also before the 9.30am session
- After the Wednesday 1st March 5.30am Red Mist Endurance Session I will be taking a few days R&R with Michelle's Canadian family down south returning to the pool deck on Tuesday 7th March. Sally will cover all the sessions in my absence per last weekend's mega-quick UK coaching visit
- Wednesday (1/3/17) and Friday (3/3/17) 9.30am sessions will be held at the slightly later time of 10am and will be at Sorrento Beach as a fun open water skills session due to a carnival at the pool at these times - details of where to meet at http://swimsmoothperth.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/a-reminder-for-930am-friday-swimmers.html
- There will be no session on Thursday 2/3/17 at 6.15pm due to an evening carnival at the pool
Thanks everyone and see you on Rotto for a well deserved celebratory drink - go get 'em!