As you may have seen through the notifications aspect of our squad app today, some swimmers have experienced the inability to be able to log into their accounts as normal and see all their usual booked sessions. In fact all of you who've tried opening the app will have at the very least been asked to verify a few details above and beyond what you usually have to do. Mind Body (who run our app) have been making some upgrades for the performance of the app but a few glitches have occurred with some people's accounts. I can only apologise for any inconvenience you've experienced - sorry!
I have to say that I feel someone at Mind Body should have heeded the advice "if it's not broken, don't try and fix it!"
Essentially Mind Body offers it's own generic free-to-use app which we originally started using 12 months ago until I rapidly decided a bespoke version would better suit our needs, i.e. the branded Swim Smooth Perth app. The issue they are experiencing is linking these two apps to unite with one username / password.
If however, you are able to login, see your schedule, cancel / book a session as normal and make payments etc, you need not do anything else at this stage! You might of course like to see our review of all the stroke techniques at the Olympics instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf5qedkgV3I
Obviously the whole functionality of attending the squad now resides within the app / online so it's important that it works properly. If you are having issues, please read on and kindly complete these simple steps; sincere thanks in advance!
Here's what you need to do:
- at the very least, you will still be able to login as normal through our online portal at http://www.swimsmoothperth.com/#!cancel/c86k with your usual username and password in case you need to cancel any last minute sessions or pay for any credits, but to get properly back up to speed…
- you'll need to download the main Mind Body app to re-ignite our Swim Smooth Perth app. To do that visit here (Apple) or here (Android)
- once installed, one of two things will happen:
- either A) if you've previously downloaded the main Mind Body app (you might have if you used this before the squad one became available), enter the email that you used and click Forgot Password. This will generate an email asking you to reset your password. This will need to be 8 alphanumeric digits. Follow the prompts and log back into the main Mind Body app (now skip to Point 6)
- or B) if you've never downloaded this generic version of the Mind Body app (see screenshots below) create a new account using the same username and password that you normally use for the Swim Smooth Perth app
- VERY IMPORTANT: now follow any prompts to verify your account and/or click the button "More…" in the bottom right hand corner of the Mind Body app and then choose Settings and opt to send the Verification Email
- Please click on the link in your email that states Verify My Email and once done, ignore all other steps and just try to log back into the main Swim Smooth Perth app using the same username and password - you should see your booked sessions under "My Classes" and be able to register for other sessions through the "Squad Sessions" link as normal.
- You can now discard the main Mind Body app if this is all working for you.
- If you're still having problems - please shoot me an email stating where you're struggling - thanks!
Here's what the Mind Body app looks like for your reference:
Here's what the two app icons look like on your phone:
Really super sorry to trouble you like this everyone! Hope it's not too much hassle for you!