Saturday, January 31, 2015

A couple of adjustments to squad times - please read!

Dear Swimmers

Hope you're all doing well and enjoyed a really great Australia Day weekend last week!

Owing to a carnival this coming Friday 6th February, the 9.30am session has to be cancelled I'm afraid to say. For anyone who can make it, we'll run a special session down at Cottesloe Beach starting at 9.30am and meeting just before on the grass bank immediately facing the pylon. This will be a 1hr session featuring some fun in/outs and learning to hone your open water skills. It will be a lot of fun! Please indicate by return of email if you will attend this one so that I can have an idea of numbers.

Going into the carnival season, the following sessions will also be affected in this manner:

  • Friday 6th March (Beach)
  • Friday 20th March (25m pool)
  • Friday 27th March (Beach)
  • Monday 30th March (Beach)

…I'd actually be really keen to introduce some of you to where I swim at Claremont Jetty (river) at one of these sessions (probably 27th March) but will keep you posted on that.

Pool closure:

Also I have been informed that owing to essential maintenance at Claremont Pool from the 6th to the 20th June, Claremont Pool will have to close for this 2 week period. I am just investigating what we can do as an alternative over this period, but given that it's the start of winter I am sure this will result in being a minimised program - I will keep you posted though.

Paul Away:

As usual I will be delivering my last sessions on Wednesday 25th February and back on pool deck on Wednesday 18th March. This will be due to our annual 2-week UK based coach education courses in conjunction with British Triathlon and also the International Triathlon Union. As usual I will leave you in very good coaching hands!

I will also be away with Michelle and the kids from the 1st to the 12th April (over the Easter break) in New Zealand for a friend's wedding and to run a couple of courses as well. There will be no sessions over the period 3 to 6 April (inclusive) owing to the Easter holidays.

Lastly, I may coincide a coaching trip request from several organisations in Hong Kong in the 6-20 June period in line with the pool closures.

Hope that helps you to keep abreast of all the situations in the next 6 months. 

Have a great weekend!

Paul





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: