Friday, November 26, 2010

Claremont Pool due to reopen on Wednesday!


Dear Swimmers

I can't quite believe it! Today I was invited down to the newly refurbished Claremont Pool to check it out before it is officially re-open on Wednesday 1st December and I have simply one word: WOW!

It truly is amazing and looks absolutely fantastic AND it is ready before time!

We are due to re-commence our sessions there from Monday 6th December onwards. I've spoken with the Manager and the Pool Bookings Coordinator and there seems that there may be a slight adjustment to my planned program as per http://www.swimsmooth.com/perth_timetable.html - but I'll now more on this on Monday or Tuesday and will get back to you then.

Given that we are adding in a load of new sessions to keep you pumped over the summer, on Thursday 2nd December at exactly midday I will email you all directly with a link to put in your requests for which sessions you plan to attend. I will remind you of this over the course of next week as well and if you could let your friends know too if they are not on this mailing list, that'd be great. I don't want anyone to miss out. This will be on a purely first-come, first-served basis and in the event of an over-subscription at any of the sessions, preference will be given to those who have swum over the winter up at Challenge Stadium. This is the fairest way I figure that I can do this given the change of venue and I actually anticipate that with the greater number of sessions offered there will be much more of a spread occurring in the sessions to keep the numbers at a nicely balanced ~24 per session to prevent over-subscription.

Great, really excited about getting back down there...one more week at Challenge...I for one will be sad to say goodbye there as Challenge and it and the staff have been an absolute lifesaver for the squad whilst Claremont has been closed.

Cheers and have a great weekend!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: